PRA*ISE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRA*ISE

Promoting Reborn Artistry * Issued Standard of Excellence

Welcome ♥HomeEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award New_ba11

copyri10.gif

Share | 

How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award Vide
PostSubject: How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award Icon_minitimeTue 31 Mar 2009, 8:37 pm

When applying for an award, please would you be so kind as to post your application here on the forum. Then a member of staff will take your application. It has been noted that some of you are PM'ing or emailing us with your applications. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT PM'S & EMAILS

Applications are being taken now. A member of staff will advise you if your application has been successful or not as soon as the judges have come to a decision.
All judges are informed by email immediately when an application is accepted by the Admin for consideration by the panel.
Judging will take place over a period of one calendar month from the date the application is accepted.
If your application is successful, you will be issued with a logo and a certificate. You can collect from this forum, either from the LOGOS thread or the Gallery above.Your award will have an issue date on and a review date. Your certificate and Logo is valid for 2 years from the date of issue.  We will then ask for a review of your work, which will mean that we will ask you to supply us with new photos for the judges to assess. Showing an award after your review date has expired, will not be valid.

If you cannot find your award, please contact Julie via PM.

When you submit your applications for a PRA*ISE award, please leave you FULL name and Nursery name so we can make your logo as soon as possible.

PLEASE NOTE: The work must be 100% your own - if someone else does your rooting or painting, please do not apply.

Applying couldn't be easier.

Please post photos of your work in the PHOTO APPLICATIONS thread, as per the criteria below. Admin Staff reserve the right to refuse applications that do not meet the criteria

Once your application has been picked up by one of the staff they will ask you for ten addresses, either e-mail,FB or ebay id of past customers who can verify your work. You should send them via PM for safety reasons to whomever picked up your application.  PRA*ISE Administrators will contact them for a testimonial of your work.

When sending in your photos please remember that we can only judge on what we see...there is no need to rush to fill the criteria, we are not going anywhere.  Take your time and only apply when you have the required amount of photographs. We have a lot of people fail because they send in photos of old work to FILL UP their application, they fail because the work from the old photos is not up to their new standard. Remember....please send in the best photos of your best work.

Please supply ALL photos asked for in the criteria from a selection of reborns/craft items.

IF THE CRITERIA IS NOT FOLLOWED THE APPLICATION WILL BE REFUSED BY THE ADMIN.  

No cluster photos  

Photograph size preferably 1024x768 but not below 800x600.

Reborn Criteria

Painting method must be specified (genesis, air drys etc)

Pics must be from at least FIVE different babies (this means that you must use at least 5 different dolls for your application. If you do not have photos of 5 different dolls then your application may be rejected.)

We need a minimum of:

4 close up photos of the hands from different babies
4 close up photos of the finger nails from different babies
4 close up photos of the feet from different babies
4 close up photos of the toe nails from different babies
3 close up photos of OPEN eyes/lashes from different babies
3 close up photos of CLOSED eye/lashes from different babies
4 close up photos of the eyebrows from different babies
4 close up photos of the mouth
4 photos of the head one from each side including ears, one front view and a view of the nape, from different babies
4 photos of rooting of which two must be a detailed close up, including crown area, from different babies
4 photos of the undressed reborn showing body and cable ties.
3 photos of different reborns WITHOUT any props or paraphernalia in the shot (this means teddy bears, dummies, changing mats, toiletries etc...this does not mean the backgrounds you use to take the photos)
3 photos of different overall dolls

A minimum of 30 to a maximum of 50 photographs please

IF YOU ONLY PAINT HAIR

You can submit an application with painted hair babies only if that is your preference, just follow above criteria as for rooted, at least four photos from different babies with detailed close up pics.  

IF YOU PAINT AND ROOT BABIES

Please submit rooted and painted hair babies as per criteria above, that is four pics of rooting, and four pics of painting from different babies

Knitting Criteria
4 photos of Rib rows, ie stocking stitch, twisted rib, garter stitch.
2 photos of seams inside,
2 photos of seams outside
2 photos of three different patterns, not necessarily outfits shown
2 photos of finished outfits
2 Photos of accessories, such as dummies, headbands, shoes, bonnets etc
2 photos of dressed babies

Crochet Criteria
4 Photos of single, double and treble crochet stitches etc
2 Photos of picots or edgings
2 photos of seams inside,
2 photos of three different patterns, not necessarily outfits shown
2 Photos of accessories, such as dummies, bonnets, headbands, shoes etc

Sewing Criteria
2 Photos of buttons sewn to garments
3 Photos of lace and trimmings sewn to garments
2 photos of seams inside
2 Photos of accessories, such as bibs, headbands, bonnets, shoes etc

The more photographs you send to us, the better 

If your first application is not successful, we ask that you wait three months before applying for the award again.

If you have any questions or problems please ask a member of staff BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION..
Back to top Go down
https://pra-ise.forumotion.com
minmin
Expired Award
minmin

PostSubject: Re: How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award Icon_minitimeSat 07 Aug 2010, 10:25 pm

Thank you for the instruction!
I want to apply.
Do I need any application form? Or I just PM you with all the detail including photos and customer detail on 1st of September?

Thank you for the chance to apply for a reward.

Love,
Min
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award Icon_minitimeSat 07 Aug 2010, 10:49 pm

You put in a new thread in the photo applications https://pra-ise.forumotion.com/photo-applications-f10/
hugs karen xx
Back to top Go down
minmin
Expired Award
minmin

PostSubject: Re: How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award Icon_minitimeSat 07 Aug 2010, 11:02 pm

kazzy wrote:
You put in a new thread in the photo applications https://pra-ise.forumotion.com/photo-applications-f10/
hugs karen xx

Hello Karen,

Thank you so much for your link!
Do you mean I can post the photos anytime before 1st September? I am sorry for my questions, my English is not very good.

Thank you.
Min
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award Icon_minitimeSat 07 Aug 2010, 11:08 pm

I think PRA*ISE are taken new applications from the 1st of september,so any time from then i think, your English is very good to me hun
hugs karen xx
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Administrator
Administrator
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award Icon_minitimeSun 08 Aug 2010, 9:52 am

We are starting with the new photo criteria from the 1st September, any applications posted before then will not be picked up until then.
Please ensure you understand the photo criteria needed as we are now asking for extra pictures....

cheers Lynn
Back to top Go down
col44a
col44a

PostSubject: Re: How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 11:32 am

Excuse my ignorance How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award 51018 but can you explain:

'2 photos of the overall doll (this means DIFFERENT DOLLS)'

Does it mean the doll you are submitting or two different dolls that you have already done?

Many Thanks,
Colleen x
Back to top Go down
ellasgran
Administrator
Administrator
ellasgran

PostSubject: Re: How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 6:32 pm

Hi Colleen, when submitting pics for your award application you need to send pics, which must meet the criteria specified above, of several different dolls that you have done!

Where it says two pics of the overall doll, it means two different dolls! Hope this makes sense, and best of luck with your application when you do apply!
Back to top Go down
http://daisychainbabies.co.uk/
col44a
col44a

PostSubject: Re: How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 9:43 pm

Thank you, Maxine How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award 954191
Another stupid question for you now How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award 990489 How can the cable ties be shown?
Aren't they supposed to be not seen iykwim How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award 228106

Love,
Colleen x
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award Icon_minitimeTue 07 Sep 2010, 9:32 pm

Hi, I was also planning to apply for the praise award, but wanted to know, I counted a total of 22 pictures to be submitted,I assume that meant 22 pictures total of all the different combinations from the 10 dolls. and do you allow any entrys of the reborn orangutans?What is the deadline to have all of this sent to you? thank you so much, Kathy How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award 998245
Back to top Go down
milliesmum

milliesmum

PostSubject: Re: How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award Icon_minitimeTue 07 Sep 2010, 9:55 pm

Hi Kathy, there is no deadline, you can apply when ever you are ready. I will have to check on the orangutans for you. You are correct on the pictures, you don't have to have 22 different dolls.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award Icon_minitimeTue 07 Sep 2010, 10:22 pm

thank you, Elaine How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award 480325
Back to top Go down
milliesmum

milliesmum

PostSubject: Re: How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 11:09 am

Hi kathy, you can submit pictures of orangutans. I thought you could but it was best just to check.
Back to top Go down
crissycs
crissycs

PostSubject: Re: How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 11:51 am

Now this has been bumped up reminded me of something I noticed and meant to say before but got waylaid.

On the portal page it says you do not need to join the forum to apply and there is a link to apply, if you follow the link then click how to apply it says you have to join the forum to apply.

I know all these new web pages are work in progress so just thought I would mention it

Crissy
Back to top Go down
Julie
Administrator
Administrator
Julie

PostSubject: Re: How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 12:02 pm

I will check it out Chrissy, thanks for pointing it out to us
Back to top Go down
http://barefootbabybootique.webs.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 2:11 pm

Thank you Elaine for the info. Kathy How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award 220719
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Query about pics with cable ties How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2011, 6:16 pm

Hi, sorry for this but can you tell me about the pics for cable ties? I have never taken pics of the baby with these showing....I have two babies here which I can use to take pics of the whole body but again ties are all cut. Will I have to wait until my next baby is done before I can apply as I don't have any pics with ties included.
Thanks
Jodi
Back to top Go down
Julie
Administrator
Administrator
Julie

PostSubject: Re: How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2011, 6:46 pm

Hi Jodi, the reason we ask for the cable tie photos is because we need to see if the body is finished properly. There is more to reborning than painting and rooting, so we like to see how the dolls have been put together. We like to see that the body is in proportion with the arms, legs and head, because once dressed, it can be very deceiving as to the size of the body. The cable ties need to be cut evenly with no rough edges. I tuck mine in wherever I can and this avoids the edges that you can sometimes get when the ties are cut. If you have photos of the body where we can see how the ties have been cut then that's ok, if not, then we would ask you for some.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award Icon_minitimeTue 27 Sep 2011, 2:22 pm

So you do want to see the ties already cut, but not tucked in? I thought you wanted to see that they weren't showing... My bad!
Terri
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award Icon_minitimeTue 27 Sep 2011, 2:31 pm

What about bodies with string rather than cable ties, I prefer to use string as it gives a neater finish.
Back to top Go down
Julie
Administrator
Administrator
Julie

PostSubject: Re: How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award Icon_minitimeTue 27 Sep 2011, 6:04 pm

We need to see how you finish your ties, ladies, if you use string Jodi that's fine flower, but we will need to see how you finish, ie: sewing the ends in or something.

Terri, if you cut your ties, we would like to see nice clean even cuts. If you tuck them in, like I do, we would like to see that they are all in properly and nothing poking out.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award Icon_minitimeTue 27 Sep 2011, 11:56 pm

Okie, dokie!
Thanks,
Terri
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award Icon_minitimeThu 03 Nov 2011, 3:30 pm

Am making it my mission this weekend to get pics in order so I can apply.
Back to top Go down
Julie
Administrator
Administrator
Julie

PostSubject: Re: How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jan 2015, 10:06 am

Please make sure that you read the rules and criteria very carefully before you apply
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to apply for the PRA*ISE First Level Award

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PRA*ISE :: Applications :: How to Apply for a PRA*ISE Award-